Participants are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times. The following guidelines have been developed to help make park district programs safe and enjoyable for all participants. The park district reserves the right to develop additional rules for particular programs and athletic leagues as deemed necessary by staff and the park board.
- Show respect to all participants and staff.
- Refrain from using foul language.
- Refrain from causing bodily harm to other participants or staff.
- Refrain from damaging equipment, supplies and facilities.
Winfield Park District reserves the right to dismiss a participant for infraction of the code of conduct. Each situation will be evaluated on its own merit.
- The Winfield Park District is so confident that you will enjoy our programs, we guarantee it. If, after attending one of our classes or programs, you are not completely satisfied, inform us so that we can correct the situation and arrange for you to:
- Continue in the class.
- Repeat the class at no charge.
- Receive a full refund.
- This policy does not include trips or special events due to the contractual agreements with agents that often prohibit the Park District from receiving a refund.
- There will be a refund processing charge of $1 to $3 for all classes. Programs priced $0-$10 will be charged $1, $11-$30 will be charged $2, and $31 and above will be charged $3. Refunds for trips will be given only if a replacement person is found.
- The Park District reserves the right to cancel, postpone, combine classes or change instructors. Programs not meeting minimum registration will be canceled and refunds will be issued. All participants in canceled programs will be notified by staff and will receive a full refund.
- No refunds will be issued after the second meeting of any program.
It is the responsibility of a program participant or one's parent/guardian to notify the park district of any physical limitations that may limit or impair one's activity in any program for which one is registered. In the event of a serious accident or illness of a participant, it is our policy to contact the Village of Winfield Fire Department to perform emergency first aid and transport the victim to the hospital. A person desiring a different procedure must specify so, in writing, at the time of registration.
For classes that involve degrees of ability, the instructor reserves the right to place students in the class best suited to their abilities.
We love parents, but with your child's best interest in mind, we ask that parents do not remain in class or bring other children into class, as they may interrupt participant's attention and inhibit the establishment of peer relations. Thank you for your cooperation.
Waivers must be signed for all programs. No one will be allowed to participate in a program without a signed waiver accompanying a registration form.
Winfield Park District residents, through taxes, make a financial contribution to the operations of the park district whether they use our services or not. Non-Resident fees are charged so that non-residents contribute to the overall financing of the park district on an equitable basis. Non-resident fees are indicated next to resident fees under each program description.
Proof of Age
Parents of first time participants must bring a copy of a birth certificate when registering a child age 5 years or younger for any program. Children must be the appropriate age by the first day of the program.
Park district employees are not responsible for and will not toilet train or diaper children.
Photos and Videos
All participants permit the taking of photos and videotapes of themselves and their children during Park District activities for publication and use as the Park District deems necessary.
Paid Wait List
The "paid wait list" helps you in several ways. Those on the paid wait list have first priority when space is created due to someone canceling, or when a class enrollment has been increased.
Returned Check Policy
There will be a $20 per check processing charge on all returned checks. If a check is returned, the amount of the check plus the $20 processing fee must be paid to the district with cash or certified funds. Enrollment will be denied until payment is received.